After the digital revolution, it’s become clear to everyone that we have to worry about our safety and the safety of our computer while surfing the net.
Getting familiar with internet security will save you a lot of trouble.
The moment the Internet became widely available we all got infinite possibilities for communication, information, learning, fun … Lately, we use the internet for much more things than before. It is important to learn the basics of how the internet works, to find out what are the actions that can get us in an unwanted situation. We need to know what are the potential consequences of our activities on the Internet.
Internet security is a branch of computer security and its objective is to establish rules and measures to use against attacks over the Internet
Here are the top 10 internet security tips you must follow in order to stay safe
1) Think before you click. Be an informed and exemplary internet user and do not do anything that could harm others or break the law.
2) Regularly update and upgrade the computer’s operating system and antivirus program. Be sure to install an antivirus program, in case you do not have it.
3) Protect yourself from “phishing” (emails purporting to be from reputable companies in order to induce individuals to reveal personal information, such as passwords and credit card numbers.) and “spoofing” (stalking). Block unwanted e-mail (spam). Use newer versions of Internet browsers that will warn you of known fraudulent Websites. Do not give out your password and other personal information.
4) You should learn to recognize situations that could potentially lead to you being tricked. Example – Various games of chance that promise great rewards, or requests for paying in advance or providing personal info, etc.”
5) Remember that the Internet doesn’t have “undo” option – in most cases, what you did is unretrievable. If, for example, you post your photo on one of the social networks, you will not be able to control the way that it continues to be used, copied or archived.
6) Use only trusted sites, especially in a situation when you’re giving very personal and private information when using online financial services.
7) Ignorance can’t justify you; the computer can not commit an offense by itself, but you can. If anything is unclear or you are not familiar with any service, ask the experts. Any serious internet service provider has a service which responds to user queries.
8) Avoid installing every free program you come across. Many sites offer “free” programs to install, but it can sometimes have side effects or collateral consequences. To avoid this, make sure you know all the details about the product or company before you download a file with the installation.
9) Do not reply to undesirable emails. If you’ve received an automatic message that you haven’t subscribed for, do not react and sign out of the recipient list (unsubscribe) and delete it. Reading such messages signals that you’re interested and tells the spammer that you received and opened the e-mail, and this leads to sending you more spam.
10) Never allow young children to use the Internet unsupervised. With just one wrong click of a button, a child can clutter your computer with various viruses or delete important data. There is even a worst-case scenario, and that is that your child comes across various dangers that lurk online (pedophiles, cyberbullying, etc.)
Internet security has become a very important issue since the consequences of insufficient internet security can be very serious.
Be sure to follow this tips, since everyone is a potential target. Protecting yourself, your family and your personal and financial information has become such a difficult task, more difficult than ever. Let the X-Brain device help you with that. X-Brain makes it simple, allowing you to rely on it to protect every device on your network from hackers, viruses, malware and more.
Indulge yourself with the sense of freedom and feel safe at all times. Meet the X-Brain device and explore without limits.
Read more: www.xunison.com