Xunison announced as regional finalist in Start-Up World Cup
Ten Irish start-ups have been shortlisted for the Startup World Cup Regional Qualifier, sponsored by Enterprise Ireland. The global initiative developed by Fenox Venture Capital offers startups the opportunity to win $1 million funding at the global competition stage. The qualifying round of the world-wide competition will see the ten finalists battle it out via a live pitch, and will take place on Tuesday, 14th November at the NDRC in Dublin. Start-ups are encouraged to register to attend the event here.
Companies at all levels of start-up across a myriad of industries and sectors applied in the first-round stage of the competition, with ten finalists selected to progress to the next stage. The regional final will demand a live pitch by each finalist before an expert judging panel including Joe Healy, Enterprise Ireland; Barry O’Brien, Silicon Valley Bank; Charlie Ardagh, Facebook; David Bowles, Delta Partners and Thomas Olszewski, Frontline Ventures.
The ten finalists who will compete against each-other to represent Ireland in San Francisco, are:
- HireUp – helps HR departments increase employee engagement, and share job vacancies more effectively.
- ID-Pal – creates a simple and effective system for capturing, verifying and storing customer ID documents and information.
- Kastus – presents an entirely new scale of antimicrobial efficacy.
- OpenBack Smart Notifications – enables any app to deliver powerful personalized notifications.
- Exceedence Ltd – catalyses commercialisation and investment in the renewable industry.
- SwiftComply – Connects restaurants, grease pumpers and cities
through an easy-to-use web platform.
- Solar AdTek – provides solar powered LED lighting systems for the illumination of outdoor advertising displays.
- Standard Access – builds robust solutions to solve the day to day challenges business face in managing secure access.
- Sanctifly – Aglobal members club that grants access to airport hotel gym, pool and spa facilities without having to book a room.
- Xunison Limited – high quality smart tech products: TV boxes, VR glasses, Smart Home Devices and Home Security System.
Commenting on the competition, Joe Healy, Manager, High Potential Start-Up division, Enterprise Ireland and judging panel member said, “We are delighted to see the interest and ambition demonstrated by Irish start-ups through the first stage of the competition. The Start-Up World Cup gives start-ups with the potential to scale internationally the opportunity to be catapulted onto a global stage, and we are delighted to support it. Enterprise Ireland supports entrepreneurs with global ambition who lead Irish start-ups that have the potential to scale internationally.We’re very excited too by the calibre and diversity of the companies competing, and expect the best Irish start-ups can hold their own and compete strongly on the world stage.”
The regional qualifier event will also feature a lively panel discussion on ‘The funding challenges Irish companies face when scaling internationally,’ with speakers including Joe Healy, Enterprise Ireland; Barry O’Brien, Silicon Valley Bank; Noel Ruane, Polaris Partners; Alessandro Prest, Co-Founder, LogoGrab; and Ryan Hamilton, Fenox Venture Capital, and is open to start-ups and entrepreneurs to attend.
The Startup World Cup conference and final competition will take place in May 2018 in San Francisco, California and will see the top start-ups, VCs, entrepreneurs and tech CEOs from regional rounds across the globe compete against each other. Finalists will be asked to take part in a live pitch to some of the world’s leading entrepreneurs and business leaders to win the $1 million prize fund. Previous panel members include Steve Wozniack, co-founder of Apple and Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit.
To attend the Regional Qualifying Pitch Night, register here.